Etiquette In The Classroom: Proper Use of EtiquetteUpdated: December 28, 2022
Upon embarking on your first year of college, there are a few things to keep in mind. Etiquette. Why is classroom etiquette such a big deal?
Well, maybe it is because it is a core value that will get you far in life. You have to think of all the roadblocks that you may put in your own path, by simply lacking proper etiquette in any given situation.
Etiquette is nurturing to your relationships with friends, family, peers and even your professors.
When we think etiquette, we have to think about respect as well, because there isn’t one without the other. This means showing your professors respect, your classmates in a whole and not just your friends.
Also showing your classroom respect by refraining from any type of property destruction and misuse of supplies and materials.
A few things to keep in mind are as follows:
- Address your professors respectfully.
- Don’t bring food or drink into the classroom.
- Arrive to class on time.
- Stay for the entire class.
- Contact your professor if you have to miss a class.
- Refrain from speaking out of term.
- Dismiss yourself if you are unable to stay awake(no one wants to listen to snoring during a lecture).
- Keep your feet on the floor(not on the table/desk).
- Dress appropriately(that means, no pajamas).
- Hygiene is pretty important(offensive odors can disrupt class).
Etiquette isn’t a hard thing to remember if you implement it into your everyday lifestyle. It shouldn’t take a lot of effort. It should just be secondhand.